Hi, Fellow Black River Astro members,
I have uploaded an ISS/Solar Transit Data Sheet to the club's website. Please follow the attached link to see the convenient pdf file.
The weather looks "mostly clear" Sunday morning, so we'll continue to watch and report on that.
Some things to consider before attending the event:
You must have optical aid to view this event. Don't depend on a scope being available at the observatory.
If you have a scope and a solar filter bring it. The transit lasts 0.5 or 1/2 of a second. There will be no sharing views or standing in line for a turn at the eyepiece. Even a pair of binoculars with solar filters will be enough to view this event. Members with solar filters, if you have extra, please bring it along to share with those who don't.
If you want to take pictures of the transit through a scope, you must shoot video. Shooting the highest frames/second will yield the best results. I'd suggest you practice with your setup between now and Sunday. If you have questions contact me, or our resident Solar Go To Guy, Randy S.
Dress for the heat. I don't need to tell you what's been going on weather-wise this week. Wear light colored clothes, even wear layers. Bring plenty of WATER to keep yourself hydrated. Bring a cooler filled with ice and a terrycloth dish towel or washcloth. As the ice melts, soak the terrycloth in the water and apply it to your head or neck, etc to keep cool.
For those of you who don't have a means of observing the event, I will be shooting video and will run a line to a tv screen so you can watch the transit on the monitor. I'd suggest that others who can do the same, please bring a monitor along so we can share with as many people as possible.
If anyone has a wwv receiver, please bring it for the time signal.If not,we'll ask DaveL to call it out for us again.
If I've forgotten anything, or if someone has something to add, please leave a comment below.
Astronomically, John

Who's coming Sunday? Post a comment, so we know who to expect...
ReplyDelete