Friday, March 13, 2015

Public Observing CANCELLED for Friday March 13

     We have CANCELLED Public Observing for Friday 3/13/'15 due to clouds and forecast rain. Sadly, Friday the 13th has lived up to its reputation with rain forecast on top of all our snow melt. We have tomorrow, Sat. the 14th as a back-up date, however the forecast is for solid clouds tomorrow. I also have concerns about flooding of the creek that one must cross over to reach the observatory. Last year the water was over the bridge after the snow melt. If it looks like it will clear up tomorrow evening, I will call the Metro Parks to make sure the bridge is open and that there are no flooded areas around Diagonal Road, before I declare us open. Lets hope we don't get too much rain and the sky clears. We are due for some good observing weather!
Steve Schauer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comments here: